Sunday, February 11, 2007

In the beginning...

This is my very first posting for Knitted Bikini. In fact, it's my first blog entry ever. Yeah, I like to think of myself as being on the cutting edge and on top of the trends. I'll bet that one day they'll even invent something to replace my Sony Walkman cassette player.

I started Knitted Bikini as an online journal for my thoughts on daily events. For as long as I can remember, my head has been filled with a running commentary on everything happening in my life and in the news. My thoughts are organized into mental journal entries, as though I'm telling someone a story, or offering commentary on everything that's happening around me. From the woman I saw yesterday, cutting off a police car while driving through a red light, to the many fathers of Anna Nicole's baby, there's a commentary in my head. And I thought: "why keep these thoughful/intelligent/downright snarky comments to yourself?" Well, thanks to this new technology called the I-N-T-E-R-N-E-T (thanks Al Gore!), I can share my thoughts with you.

The title of this blog, Knitted Bikini, came to me while soldiering through an attack of an afflication I was diagnosed with as a teenager - chronic sarcasm. I am a nerd, and I do nerdy things like knitting. I have several knitting books, and almost every book has a pattern for a knitted bikini. Now, I ask you, what is the bloody use in a knitted bikini? I've never seen a real person wear a knitted bikini. I can't imagine I'd want to wear a knitted bikini when it's 30 degrees outside (celcius, I'm in Canada.) And if it actually got wet, a knitted bikini would likely weigh a tonne, sag or get itchy. The garment is beyond my comprehension. I suspect that most of my entries on this blog will be about things beyond my comprehension, so I thought the title fit.

I hope you find some level of entertainment in reading my blog. I'll try to add entries as frequently as possible. And I'll continue to add links and work on the appearance of this site. Guide's honour (three fingers.)

Thanks for looking.

L-E

No comments: