Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's that time of year again, when school bells are ringing...

...and my neighbourhood is splattered with the barf of many a weak-stomached frosh. Sigh...

As much as their spew grosses me out (on the sidewalk outside my house, on the road around the corner, in the shelter for the streetcar) I do actually sympathize. I, too, was once a weak-bellied frosh. Now, I'm a weak-bellied adult. Why must alcohol make us ill? There are so many other bad things for us out there that SHOULD make us ill - tobacco, hot dogs, pork rinds, haggis - why is it that alcohol is so hard to stomach? Oh, what a cruel, cruel earth.

So to my student neighbours, I say go forth and enjoy, but please spill your guts in someone else's neighbourhood. I don't need to know that you don't chew your mushrooms.

No comments: